Friday, May 29, 2015

Recent Work trip to the land beneath the wind

The moment Monkey landed, it was straight to the resort....Shangri-la Rasa Ria that is :))) There are 2 Shangri-la in Kota Kinabalu and this one is about 1 hour away from city centre. But...I wasn't here for the stay...*I really wished I could* that just brought back sweet memories of my stay here just 9 months ago :))))

Anyway it was a chop chop zoom zoom meeting with the Shangri-la peeps. I alwiz thought it would be nice to work in a hotel industry especially if you are based at the resort...but again long hours require a lot of passion, energy and dedication.
I was lucky enuff to catch a glimpse of Mount Kinabalu....Hello there!!!! remember me??? I did a token climb on you just a few months ago with Kindy Chai!!
*click here to read about our 2.5km climb outta 8km*

It's alwiz good to be back here even for work :))) pretty laid back with lots of good food.
when I was shown the venue for the future event, I feel in love :))))
but sometimes what u like and love doesn't mean it can be executed. There's a lot of considerations from matters beyond ur control, namely the weather. Yes it would be nice to have champagne tasting on this gazebo :))) over sunsets and swaying palm trees. Oh well not this time but maybe for the next and the next and the next events :)))
and on the very same nite it was a launch event from my portfolio. It's really fun to party with Sabahans. They are hyper and really appreciative of life. Think I konked out and went home earlier than the hundred odd party goers.
The next morning.....the weather was so stunning!!! Monkey was picked up by Susanna to the yacht club for breakfast. I know...I hardly sleep so pardon me if u see some eye bags soon appearing on this blog. Susanna has picked up sailing for quite a while and she will take Monkey out to sail to one of the beautiful islands soon. Woohooo~~~ another item to add into my check-list :)))
We were lucky enuff to be offered a piece of this special Chinese Rice Dumpling from Keningau. 90% of populations here are Dusuns and Muruts hence the influence on this chinese rice dumpling...it has got crushed peanuts innit. A huge piece of organic salted duck egg yolk, as golden as the sunsets in Kota Kinabalu....but most of all pieces of sliced local organic free range pork. The pigs here in Sabah is of a different species, it has got a different taste and flavour - don't believe me? Try their pork noodles!!!

This rice dumpling uses glutinous rice planted by the mountain and got a really good texture. It's so good to be able to enjoy all the local produce here :)))
and the best drink to consume here in Sabah apart from their locally made alcos *I should stop blogging bout alcohol all together....even before joining this company, friends labeled me as alcoholics and now colleagues said I'm an alkie -_-" *

is this drink called "Kit Chai Pink" in hakka. Oh chinese here speaks perfect hakka, from the market to the noodle shop. But most of the time, all I heard was Kadazan's language.
After breakfast and picked Eve up from the airport we had lunch :)))))
The famous Tuaran Noodle...made from fragrant locally handmade noodle, fried with roast pork and vege...and lotsa eggs before a generous dash of locally made rice wine was being poured all over it. Slurp~~~~~ *ok confirmed I'm a lover for any alcohols :D*

best-est fry noodle anywhere....seriously..it has the breathe of fire, the chewiness, the egg-iness. All the elements and ingredients to make any tummy happy :)))
and in the afternoon, Monkey went back to Mr. JS's mommy's home for the day....and saw these bunch of hobbits there...They looked so sad....I snapped a pic for him to see.

Monkey: "Hey look, ur mommy's home has got hobbits too."
JS: "Eeyerr why they looked so kampung one?"
Monkey -_-"
coz they never been out off home!! these hobbits are for Cookie the dog!! such lucky doggie to have so many toys at home and 2 comfy fluff beds for pets. All thanks to Susanna and Eve who spoilt Cookie to the max.
and when dinner came....the maids cooked my favourite fish!!!! to the locals here, these are cheap fish. Bahahahaha....sorry I am a cheap person, very easy to satisfy. The golden one is called Pisang fish or banana fish....scientific name is Banana Fusilier. These u can't find in Peninsular Malaysia. It has got great sweetness and texture. Yumssss. Fried and then eaten with maids' secret recipe raw mango salsa. *which i tapao back home here*

The other dish I was looking fwd from the maids was Pumpkin cooked with local potato leaves and dried shrimps...but this time around it's not in season. I lurve it so much till the maids called me Miss Pumpkin :D
JS's mommy slow boiled papaya and pork bone soup with longans. Garnished with springs onions from their herb garden. I can live it forever I think....but JS insisted that Sabah is too boring.

and bcoz I could eat so much, the maid re-heated homemade banana and sweet potatoes fritters which was such a hit....bcoz there's some secret ingredients innit. Think she could set up a stall outside the home and make some brisk business.

the next morning......cold pressed beetroot juice with ginger. It has to be cold pressed to maintain the vitamins content of the jus. Am so blessed to be well taken care of here in Sabah. :))))

Kids playing by the beach overlooking the islands. Trails of storm clouds coming the way. Aaaaaaa I don't mind coming here more often :)))

So am looking forward to my arrival here again next month :))) It's the weekend folks, what do you have in plan?

No comments: